Herberta (Herbie) Conley Woslager--A woman of many trades and 17 Grandchildren!

In 1969 I went to California with my family where my father's brothers had bought a pest control company. Many family members joined them to work the business. There, in San Dimas, California, I met Chuck Robinson, the 'Car Guy' who became my first husband.

For the next 14 years I drove really nice cars, learned to completely rebuild an engine, was involved in local stock-car racing and lived in California, Wyoming, Colorado, California, Wyoming, California, Colorado, Wyoming . . . Well, the grass WAS suppose to be greener on the other side of that hill!


Living in all of these places, diversified my earning skills. I have built water-pik motors, spot-welded stainless steele cabinets, made frisbies for Whamo, did the electrical wiring on air-conditioning units, worked consruction as an electrition's helper and ended this episode of my life working in the County Clerk and Recorders office. Our daughter Melanie was born on 1970, son Jim in 1973 and our baby Theresa in 1975. I went back to school in 1980, decided the really great cars were not worth it in 1982 and divorced in 1983. (I do kind of miss the cars.)



I married my second husband, Jerry, in 1987. He had two daughters he was raising, Jerri Ann and Brandy, so we started with five children and added Jason, our child together. (Jason is a medic in the Army now stationed at Walter Reed.)

Jerry and I lived in Flagstaff, Arizona for seven years and then Helena, Montana where I worked as a veterans advocate for the state for 13 years. Five years ago my oldest son and daughter moved to Colorado Springs with their families. We joined them. I am now Medical Records Coordinator for Pikes Peak Mental Health.

I have seventeen grandchildren ranging from 20 to 9 months. There are seven girls and ten boys. Grandma is the most fun thing I have ever done! I do, however, have to shop for Christmas year round!

I sell AVON to build my retirement funds and will continue with this business after I 'officially' retire. My husband and I intend to travel as much as we can when that time comes. (Feed my retirement account by buying AVON on-line at www.youravon.com/hwoslager!)

I read a lot, as I always have, work Sudoku and crossword puzzles, do some gardening and spend as much time with my family as I can.

I expect the next forty years to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment