Janan (Wickersham) Lockman--from teaching to running her own business, mother of two

After I graduated from FCHS in 1969. I attended college at UNC in Greeley. I received a teaching degree in Special Education and Preschool in 1973.

In March of 1973 I married a fellow classmate, Dale Lockman. We were married for 30 years before we were divorced.

During the time we were married. We had two daughters. The oldest one is Amy. She graduated from FCHS, also. She got a bachelors degree from Regis in business administration. She currently works as head of the commercial loan division of a Home State Bank in Loveland. Our other daughter is Joy. She graduated from Poudre. She is a CNA. She has been working at Poudre Valley Hospital as a Ward Clerk/CNA for over
5 years. Both of our daughters are married. However, neither one of them want to have children. So, I guess we will never have the pleasure of spoiling grandchildren.


Dale started to work for his family business as soon as we graduated. He continues to work for L & L Accoustical 40 years later. He hopes to retire in the next couple of years and enjoy traveling and working on one of many hobbies he pursues.


After I graduated from UNC I taught in a preschool for 1 year. Then I started a day care and did that for 7 years until our youngest was in 1st grade. I then started to work in a physicians office. I have continued to work in the medical field for the past 27 years.


Eight years ago I started my own billing business for therapists. Four of the eight years I worked in a physicians office part time and at home part time. The first two and a half years I did my business full time from home. The last year and a half I work only out of my home. I now have 18 therapists I do billing for. It keeps me really busy.


I have also, had the pleasure of working on the Class reunion committee for the last two reunions. I has been fun to get to know classmates again.

No comments:

Post a Comment